Corporate Citizenship / Philanthropy Strategies
Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy Strategies
Chunghwa Telecom incorporated the “corporate citizenship and philanthropy” into the overall business plan. Prior to actions of corporate citizenship and philanthropy, the community benefits and business benefits potentially generated will be evaluated and set. Then, the contributions and results (SROI) of the corporate citizenship and philanthropy will be quantified for a proper allocation of social engagement resources to deepen the social engagement values and impacts.
Philanthropic Strategies with Operational Benefits
|Priority||SDG Aligned||Relation with the Corporate Operational Benefits|
|Universal Service Construction||
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
|Promotion of 5G Commercialization and Innovative Applications||
Decent Work and Economic Growth
|Promotion of Supply Chain Carbon Management Action||
Results of the Year
|Contribution in cash||211,261,141|
|Contribution in products/services||602,830,663|
|Corporate volunteering costs||3,320,456|
|Corporate volunteering service hours||48,797|
|Percentage in revenue (%)||0.039%|
COVID-19 Prevention Measures
As COVID-19 rampaged on worldwide in 2022, either enterprises or individuals had suffered severe impact. As a local leading enterprise, we "deployed preemptively" and "improved on a rolling basis" comprehensively. Internally, the national team of epidemic prevention of CHT, according to CHT Preparedness and Contingency Plan in Response to COVID-19, supported vulnerable groups, ensured the operation of critical infrastructure networks, information computer rooms, and important information systems, and ensured the health protection of employees; externally, improved customer service quality. We also actively supported the government's various epidemic prevention work and measures and implemented the overall epidemic prevention solution to jointly protect the health of the people.
Chunghwa Telecom Epidemic Prevention Highlight Measures
- Set up the epidemic prevention command center in accordance with the CHT Preparedness and Contingency Plan in Response to COVID-19, establish an Business Continuity Plans, and conduct continuous exercises.
- We provided the free customer service hotline 24/7, developed multiple online service and self-help channels. Customers could conduct business at home without worries.
- We Self-developed "Epidemic Monitor and Management System" to promote various technological epidemic prevention measures:
• Paperless night market transaction: Cashless transaction services were introduced for contact-free payment for local shops, SMEs, microenterprises, and night market vendors.
• Offsite working/Work from Home: Epidemic prevention plans with cybersecurity at the core were offered for enterprises with needs of offsite working; broadband Internet environment of "triple networks" with fixed line, mobile network, and Wi-Fi services.
• Prepaid cards were provided to the Ministry of Education for the disadvantaged students in the rural areas.
- Discounts for telecom service fees: The telecom rates of the businesses and schools impacted by the epidemic were lowered moderately to reduce the burdens thereto, while Prepaid SIM Cards were provided to especially economically-disadvantaged students, free of charge.
- Support to Taiwan CDC Toll-free Hotline 1922: The total number of Taiwan CDC toll-free hotline 1922 is up to 7.53 million in 2022 with an average answer rate of 68.3%.(Excluding the April-May period, when the Central Epidemic Command Center launched the Self-Reporting systems for confirmed cases, a large number of people came in to inquire about the resettlement of confirmed cases, with an average response rate of 85%.)
• 352,432 calls to the NIA's Foreigners In Taiwan Hotline with an average answer rate of 79.06%.
• 22,311 calls to the customer service hotline of the SMS Real Name Registration System with an average answer rate of 90.36%. (exited since 4/28)
- ICT epidemic prevention (SMS Real Name Registration System): The SMS Real Name Registration System was established for the MOHW to significantly reduce difficulties in the outbreak investigation. (completed phased tasks and exited in April)