- Scope of Application.
- This Policy explains how We collect, process and use the personal data that you provide when using Our website/application (hereinafter the “APP”) or services, participating in Our activities, signing up as Our member, requesting Our services, shopping on Our website/APP, among others.
- Collection, processing and use of personal data by Our partners (including but not limited to commercial organizations and governmental authorities) or affiliates, in the course of acting on behalf of or in collaboration with Us, shall also be carried out in accordance with this Policy.
- Unless otherwise specified in the preceding paragraph, this Policy does NOT apply to organizations other than Us, or persons that are not employed or managed by Us. Below is a non-exhaustive list of situations where this Policy does not apply:
- If you disclose your personal data such as email and name in Our chatroom, discussion board or similar functions provided by Our platforms or services, to the public or a specific third party, such disclosure is outside the scope of this Policy.
- Data Collection.
We collect your personal data for purposes of verifying your identity as a user of Our website/APP, store or customer services, and providing to you Our services. The scope of collected data is as follows:
- When you use Our website/APP, sign up as Our member, request Our telecommunication service, shop on Our website/APP, browse Our webpages, participate in Our promotional or giveaway activities, subscribe Our newsletter, order Our products/services, among others, We may, on basis of the actual needs, require you to provide your personal data, including but not limited to your name, ID card number, mobile phone number, email address, date of birth, gender and address.
- We will store your data as provided in accordance with the preceding paragraph. We will also record data generated from your internet browsing or searching activity, such as IP address, session duration, browser, information stored in cookies, browsing and clicking history, communication history, location, billing information, and usage history.
- We will inform you of the purpose, recipients, time period and other information relating to Our collection, processing and use of your personal data through Our website/APP, store staff or customer service representative when handling your request of Our services, such as“Multimedia on Demand IPTV Service”, “Local Network Service”, “Broadband Internet Service (HiNet)” and “Mobile broadband services”, among the likes.
- You may freely decide whether to provide your personal data (other than those required by law). However, providing insufficient or incorrect data may have an adverse impact on your ability to enjoy the availability or integrity of Our service. Where, in providing the personal data, you deliberately impersonate another, or engage in other activity that is likely to contravene to public order, infringe another’s right, or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulation, We may refuse or cancel your access to Our services, in which case you shall be solely liable for all legal consequences.
- You may, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (hereinafter the “PDPA”) or other relevant laws, exercise your right to make an inquiry of, to review, to request a copy of, to supplement or correct, to demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of, or to erase your personal data. In accordance with the law and Our relevant rules, such rights may be exercised by calling Our toll-free service number (123 for landline users and 0800-080-090 for mobile users), visiting Our online service center (https://123.cht.com.tw/ecas/B09) or contacting Our service centers. In accordance with Article 10 and Article 11 of the PDPA, We may decide whether to accept such a request, on basis of considerations regarding the necessity for Our business operation and the retention period required by law.
- Use of Data
We will use your personal data for the specific purpose stated at collection, and within the scope permitted by the relevant laws and regulations (such as sending your bill, creating a member file, notifying of the relevant services, etc.). Unless with your consent or expressly permitted by law, We will not disclose your personal data to any third party, process or use your personal data outside the geographic area of Our business operation, or use your personal data beyond the purpose of collection. Where the provision of Our services requires the necessary involvement of an affiliate or third party (such as a logistics service provider, a payment service provider, or an information service provider), We will ensure the security of your personal data by carrying out the necessary supervision.
- Data Protection.
- We dedicate Ourselves to protecting your personal data with the strictest measures. Our information and communication security measures cover all the networks / systems / software programs / terminals / persons that collect, process or use your personal data. We comply with the most stringent requirements of the competent authority to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal data. In addition, We have systematic personal data protection training programs in place for Our employees. Any one in Our company in violation of the confidentiality obligations will be subject to legal and Our internal penalties.
- Self-protection measures by users: Please properly protect your password and personal data, and refrain from disclosing your personal data, in particular your password, to anyone. Please remember to sign out when you finish your online shopping or checking email. If you share your computer with others, or use a public computer, please remember to close the browser/window when finishing your online activity, so as to prevent others from accessing your personal data or email. If you disclose the aforementioned personal data to others, you shall bear the risks and possible damages associated with personal data breach.
To provide customized content and to enhance user experience, the servers of Our website and APP will record cookie information, including that regarding your device, the webpages visited, IP address and domain name. Such information is for statistical and analytical purposes only, does not involve data on your identity, and is used to improve Our products, services, website content, system and ads. The aforementioned information may also be provided to advertisers as basis for evaluating their advertising efficacy. You may adjust your cookie settings on your browser. If you refuse all cookies, you may be unable to enjoy certain functions.
- Third-Party Sharing of Personal Data.
We will never arbitrarily exchange, lease or in any other manner disclose your personal data to any third party. However, if required by law, or under the following circumstances, We may share your personal data with a third party:
- When required by a judiciary or other competent authority, in accordance with the law and through legal and due process;
- Out of necessity to further public interest, or to prevent material harm on the rights and interests of others;
- To prevent harm on your life, body, freedom, or property (for example, if your whereabouts is unclear, We may provide your location data to a competent third party);
- With your consent in accordance with the law; or
- For your rights and interests.
- To thoroughly protect your privacy, We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time within the extent permitted by the law. This Policy was last updated on March 13, 2020. Any amendment thereto will be announced on Our website/APP, and shall take effect upon announcement.
- By continuing to use the services provided on Our website/APP after any amendment or change of this Policy, you are deemed to have viewed, understand and agree to such amendment to or change of this Policy.
- For any inquiries into this Policy, please call Our toll-free service number (123 for landline users and 0800-080-090 for mobile users) or consult Our online service center (https://123.cht.com.tw/ecas/B09).